Monday, July 6, 2015

Buy Me Some Peanuts and Cracker Jacks!

 
2015 Charlotte
My 4th of July weekend was one I will never forget. My handsome boyfriend and I debated on many things to do for the weekend. We decided to go down town for some lunch at Mimosas. That was the first place we ate down town when we moved here two months ago. It was excellent. I had salmon with mint sauce for lunch and Adam had a chicken sandwich. When we were done licking our plates we headed to the park but it was still four O'clock and wanted to kill time so we walked around and looked at the booths and bought some Baseball tickets from a man selling them right outside the stadium. We wanted to go to the game but the tickers were so expensive online. We landed some tickets for 80 right in front of the home plate. It was my first real game EVER. Adam has been to many games in his life time so he knew how to make it so much fun! We had to have peanuts and cracker jacks of coarse. The best part was chanting out the songs they played and the whole crowd doing the WAVVVEEE! They had a kiss cam and everything. Which is what I always thought of when I thought of going to the game. Unfortunately I didn't get to show the crowd my love for Adam but there were some adorable parents giving their babies xoxo's. There's always next time. ;) The stadium was packed and The USA Team played Cuba. They were the best of the best hand picked from the best colleges. Boy, did those boys show 'em who's boss! We kicked but and chanted USA all the way to the end. It was a game to remember, It didn't even stop there! We had the best seats in the house for the best fire works show on the East Coast! They light up the sky with so many colors and noise. The most romantic 4th I've had with mi Amor right there. The Fire works Reflected off of charlottes new skyscrapers, Everyone came out of their luxury apartments to watch the fireworks on their balconys. I don't know who had a better view!!! About thirty minutes into the show, Adam wanted to leave before they got over to avoid the crowd! What I wonderful idea I thought. We pushed our way out of the stadium and into the crowd in the community park, Apparently we weren't the only ones with that idea. When we got to our car The crowd was being herded right past the opening of the garage and there were a line of cars boxing us in waiting their turn to leave. It looked like in the Lion King when Simba was trying to escape the heard of animals. I suggested instead of waiting for two hours for the crowd to clear we walk to the epicenter a few blocks and have some wings. As we did!! By the time we had  BBQ in our bellies our car was indeed ready to rumble. We had a safe drive back to our apartment, with the best fourth of July. Sigh, I guess its time we go back to work. When's the next holiday? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment